What is Original Strength (OS)?
OS is a movement restoration system that is simple, highly effective, accessible and fun. It leads to freedom of movement and an empowerment for life now and years to come. The focus is to Press RESET on the body to return to it’s predictive and reactive strength.
Reflexive strength is unfortunately lost by the modern day lifestyle of sitting at work and then sitting on the couch. OS gives us 5 movement patterns based on the fundamental moves performed by babies to rapidly gain strength and develop their brains and balance.
- Diaphragmatic Breathing
- Head Nods
This logical, simple, yet highly effective mode of neurological, physical, and some could say emotional, movement training invigorates the CNS, institutes neural pathways in the brain, promotes healing and unleashes mobility and strength. They are also fun and promote a sense of achievement and hope in our clients.
Through activation of the vestibular system and stimulation of the proprioceptive system, participants enjoy posture, coordination and balance improvements, reflexive mobility, control. strength and stability. This is followed by mind, body awareness, cardio respiratory and muscular endurance.
Participants can range from those with disabilities to competitive athletes. With improvements in range of motion and a decrease in pain inside of one session.
Restore, Reboot, Reset
- Meets the client where they are.
- Freedom of movement as the body was meant to move.
- Positive physical, neurological, and emotional benefits.
- Accessible, safe, dynamic, low risk, high reward.
- Promotes consistency, program adherence, and self-empowerment.
- Vestibular and Proprioceptive activation and enhancement.
- Adjudicative program to support and accelerate a client’s pre-existing wellness plan.
- Regressions and progressions as appropriate.
- Programming only limited to our creativity.
- Screen and assessment protocol.
Good, Better, Best
No matter where a client starts that point is referenced as their good. The program instituted then moves the client through improvements to find their personal best in movement.
Common areas of dysfunction that OS can help (serious medical conditions aside) include:
- Lumbar and Cervical Spine
- Pelvic Floor
For neck, shoulder, and back dysfunction a sample program may include:
- Diaphragmatic breathing.
- Supine, lateral head nods and head raises.
- Head nods in quadruped.
- Egg rolls.
- Bird dogs.
- Segmental rolling.
- Unloaded and loaded rocking.
- Crawling: forward, axis, and backwards.
- Seated spinal rotation.
Let us know that you are ready to bring Original Strength back to your patients. We are excited to have you join us for this free learning event, and look forward to showing you the potential of Original Strength.
Come dressed to do some rocking and rolling on the ground. Loose fitting, fitness apparel is recommended.